Sunday, March 29, 2009

And the Saga Begins....

Hi! Sorry, I've been away for a minute.....I've been hanging out with the kiddos. I decided to jump on the computer real quick and show you that I was to impatient to wait Any Longer, LOL. However.........when I signed in, I found 2 blog awards awaiting me....Thank you Casey and Doreen!! I promise I will come back to this early in the week!

BUT....First......welcome to the beginning of The Star Wars Toy Store. I went yesterday and picked up some foam core board, and Styrofoam! This is when having 3 kids comes in handy, too. You can hand each one a coupon and walk out with 4 items at 40% off. I know, it's a little like cheating...but when you have 3 kids, You need to cheat sometimes. LOL....So far I have spent less than $15 on this project. OK....So, here's where I'm at.....

Here's the sketch I started with....really simple! The measurements I used are in the right hand corner.
I'm using foam core board as my base. Here's one of the side pieces....I've leaned it up against an old toy chest so it would glue at a straight angle.
Here both sides glued, and then reinforces with tape. Notice I was smart enough to cut the peep-holes out before I glued!! LOL~ I was impressed! Haha
Next came the top piece, again glued, then taped. (The house is flipped upside down in this picture.)
And the last piece of foam core I used was for the front. Again I managed to cut the door and peep-hole out, before I glued it together! Woo-Who!
Thought I'd show you the inside of the shop...............It still has a long, long way to go.
Next comes the Styrofoam!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Katie what thickness is your foam board. I was going to use it for the witches hat shop, then paper clay over the top. The thickest I can get is 10mm, so may end up using MDF

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Hi Katie!
I think Noah will be very interested in the progress of this project!
Mercedes

Caseymini said...

Who gets this one when you are done? How cool is that? Do you already have all of th toys? I can't wait to see it. I like th building so far! Go Katie!!!!

Katie said...

Casey...this will be a house for my youngest, Cameron. He knows everything about Star Wars...And now, everyone has a house!! Well, execpt the bf....still trying to talk him into buying a mini castle....or making one!